The advanced lubricant can help protect pitch, yaw and generator bearings operating in extreme temperature conditions - from 120˚C to -50˚C.
Comparable high performance greases will face solidification challenges at -30˚C, but Mobil SHC Grease 102 WT offers performance at even lower temperatures.
This can help:
- Optimise flow in central lubrication systems
- Reduce bearing torque during low temperature startups/operation
- Resist fretting wear, rust and corrosion
- Increase equipment uptime
"Extreme cold temperatures commonly occur in many places that also have high wind energy potential," said Rainer Lange, Mobil SHC Brand Advisor - EAME at ExxonMobil. "With Mobil SHC Grease 102 WT, operators can help decrease downtime and reduce maintenance costs."
Along with its low temperature performance, test results show that Mobil SHC Grease 102 WT can deliver a range of other performance benefits, including:
- Enhanced bearing life
- Long lubrication intervals
- Outstanding mechanical stability
- High levels of water resistance