On October 22, Capgemini announced its first set of Intelligent Industry offerings proposes to leverage the Group’s capabilities in data, digital and industrial technologies. These new services are aimed to allow Communications Service Providers, Network Equipment Providers and Enterprises across industries to implement 5G and Edge technologies at scale. This means that companies’ products, assets, and processes are able to unlock innovation and efficiencies within their business.
The COVID-19 crisis shed light on a greater need for industries and companies in all sectors to evolve and make effective their digital transformation. The capability of connecting devices and collecting and utilizing data is, thus, becoming business critical.
Franck Greverie, Chief Portfolio Officer at Capgemini and Group Executive Board member stated: “We believe the future of industry is ‘intelligent’. 5G is more than just a faster technology, or an iteration of 4G. It’s a new global cellular communications standard, that is bringing a step change in connectivity for the Internet of Things and all industries. As digital technologies converge, every type of organization can start to do business in new and better ways - with intelligent products, intelligent operations, and intelligent support and services. Our 5G and Edge offerings enable our clients to make the right investments in the foundation of their data-driven transformation to prepare to take advantage of this next industrial revolution.”
Drawing on deep industry experience and technical expertise, Altran, part of Capgemini, has helped to develop a number of 5G applications. In Spain, Altran has been helping Vodafone deliver enhanced operations and maintenance with Augmented Reality (AR) for refineries; real-time monitoring of a drilling robot; search-and-rescue missions with Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs); and new in-harbor services such as virtual ticket offices.
“5G is central to our strategy, and Altran has helped us accelerate our 5G network buildout, supporting a number of use cases that have a tremendous impact on people and enterprises around the world," said Carlos Becker, Head of Enterprise Marketing and Public Administrations at Vodafone Spain. “Altran has kept us true to our commitments to clients and helped enhance our subscriber quality of experience with scalable solutions.”
Combining technology, systems integration, and engineering expertise as one, to help organizations make the right investments in the foundation of their data-driven transformation, and monetize them, Capgemini’s new 5G and Edge offer comprises:
• Plan & Strategy – Digital Transformation: helping organizations identify 5G and Edge-based use cases tailored to specific sector needs, definition of a business case and creation of a digital strategy, architecture and transformation roadmap around these.
• 5G Network Infrastructure: helping companies to engineer and navigate the complex network and technology ecosystem, design and build an end-to-end network, IT and enterprise architecture blueprint and roadmap.
• Strategic Service Platforms: designing and developing service platforms covering solution frameworks for applications and services, and end-to-end Edge computing / Cloud.
• Use Cases & Applications: helping clients to design, develop, set-up, test, and ensure return on investment of specific 5G and Edge use cases and applications (IoT, Edge, Cloud)
• Ecosystem Orchestration & Integration: integrating and testing end-to-end solutions, to ensure convergence of network and IT based on industry specific process and operations expertise – coordinating integration of leading partners and open source solutions
• 5G End-to-end Business & Operational Services: transformation of operational processes; run and manage private / public/ hybrid network / Cloud solutions, monitor use cases and business processes performance, ensure security.