Unitronics line of AC Servo drives, and motors changes the traditional complicated approach to Motion Control.
Unitronics simple approach enables users to implement Motion Control easily, by eliminating the complicated operations associated with Motion Control. Ready-Made Motion code, Embedded Diagnostic tools, Automatic Communication setup, are just some of the easy-to-use features embedded in this new line.
NO MOTION PROGRAMMING KNOWLEDGE NEEDED
Unitronics’ AC Servo Drives & Motors (UMD) are transparently supported by Unitronics controllers. The line includes 1 and 3-phase drives and motors, operating at a wide power range of 50W to 5,000W (0.06-6.7 HP) to suit any machine size, with robust, high-resolution built-in serial encoders (absolute: 23-bit, incremental: 20-bit), IP65.
Unitronics highly innovative approach, 'Servo Made Simple', greatly simplifies motion application programming, and brings a number of advantages:
- One software for all project needs: Set up & program PLC, HMI, Servo, VFD, and I/O—no need to struggle with multiple software tools to build an application.
- Automatic communication setup: Absolutely seamless.
- Minimal room for error: UniLogic software automatically analyzes mechanical properties and recommends safe values for the user application.
- No coding needed: Ready-Made Motion code, provided with every purchase, enables Unitronics’ customers to test their completed system; this code can be opened and adapted to other applications via PLCopen standard functions
- Diagnostics: UniLogic includes a built-in powerful, high-speed scope to view servo run-time performance
- Tune the system: Using only one single parameter.
- Embedded Diagnostic tools: No PC needed. Via an HMI panel – or a virtual HMI screen on mobile device – users can:
1. Set motion parameters
2. Monitor Axis behavior & I/Os
3. Execute movements, such as Point-to-Point, Jog, & Homing
- Ready-Made Motion code: simply open and edit as needed.
- Perform remotely any task – commissioning, operation - that does not require a screwdriver, via Web browser or VNC.
Time-Saving Benefits Through an Innovative Approach
The integrated solution helps avoid multiple software tools to build an application with up to 8 axes. The single software uses a single parameter and set up and program PLC, HMI, Servo, VFD, and I/O. The programming software comprising a built-in high-speed scope to view servo run-time performance. It automatically analyzes mechanical properties and recommends safe values for the user application. Last, no PC is needed: users can set motion parameters, monitor axis behavior and I/Os, execute movements (such as Point-to-Point, Jog, and Homing) via an HMI panel or a virtual HMI screen on a mobile device.
To learn more, head to Unitronics website: https://www.unitronicsplc.com/servo-motion/