Holding the CIIE is of great significance for China to demonstrate its commitment to advancing its high-level opening-up. Thousands of exhibitors and hundreds of thousands of buyers from across the globe have descended on Shanghai in the past three years to reap the benefits offered by the expo. With its growing exhibition space and influence, the CIIE is becoming a must-attend event for international businesses every November. The 4th edition of world's largest import-themed expo will be held in Shanghai from Nov 5 to 10, 2021.
Why you cannot afford to miss out on the truly unique opportunities provided by the CIIE
1. It’s large in scale and covers extensive industries
* The CIIE is the world's largest import expo and one of the top 10 business shows in the world. It unleashes the potential of the global marketplace.
* The CIIE has grown in scale and influence each year. In 2020, the expo covered 360,000 square meters -- equivalent to the size of almost 70 standard football fields.
* The global trade fair caters to a complete range of industries, including food and agricultural products, automobiles, intelligent and information technology, consumer goods, medical devices, healthcare products and trade in services.
* Each exhibition section of the comprehensive trade fair is a professional trade show in the specific industry. It is organized professionally and displays the industry’s most cutting-edge products.
2. It features high-quality participants and exhibits
* The CIIE is attended by the top leaders of industry, governments and trade promotion agencies from all over the world.
* The past three editions have been attended by 10,000 exhibitors, many of whom are Global Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders.
* The event has become a must for influential industry leaders, such as the top 10 pharmaceutical companies in the world and the world's leading carmakers.
* No other event in the world provides a better stage with such scale and influence for Asian and global product debuts. In the past three editions, more than 1,300 products and services have made their global or Chinese debuts at the expo.
3. Enterprises can meet purchasers, ink transactions, enter the Chinese market and land projects
* The CIIE is a fair visited by trade delegations from all provinces and large-scale enterprises in China that are seeking business opportunities. Some 1.3 million buyers have attended the first three editions.
* Each year, participating organizations ink billions of dollars in deals at the CIIE, and the numbers continue to grow with each event. Over the past three years, over $200 billion in deals have been signed.
* With the sealed deals, participants can also have their projects launched in China. A total of 319 projects backed by foreign investment worth $15 billion have been initiated at the first and second expo. Many of them have already been implemented and are now in operation.
4. The expo is a gateway to China and a highway to success
* Participating in the CIIE provides a prime gateway into understanding and benefiting from China's market of 1.4 billion people.
* The CIIE is not just an important gateway for global trade access to the huge Chinese market but also an excellent opportunity for companies to meet potential partners of both upstream and downstream businesses across the industrial chain.
5. It offers one-stop services so business can run smoothly
* The CIIE provides extra benefits for companies entering China by offering special services that make doing business with Chinese partners as smooth as possible. The benefits cover consultancy, customs clearance, business registration, matchmaking and more.
* At the CIIE, participants can also promote their brand and earn significant media exposure. Global media attend the CIIE each year to report on the latest deals, products and innovations introduced into the market.
Over 10,000 journalists have covered the expo during the past three years. In the domestic market alone, more than 3.5 million reports and social media posts featured the CIIE.
* With its own intellectual property protection service team, the CIIE ensures every participant’s IP is well-protected.
* Participants are given exclusive insight into how they can leverage preferential policies that make doing business in China easier, including preferential tax policies for the retention and purchase of imported exhibits.
* Participants can connect with new business partners, customers, suppliers, and more importantly, government departments of all levels in China via a complete communication platform featuring over 100 forums, seminars and policy-interpretation meetings.