OMRON announced the global release of its new NJ/NY-series CNC Integrated Controllers. In these new CNC Integrated Controller series, the Sysmac Integrated Platform has been expanded to include CNC functionality, enabling high-precision complex profiling and increasing the production capacity of processing machines. The integrated controllers provide both CNC and PLC functionalities and synchronize both processes at high speed. This significantly increases the production capacity of the entire machine.
Extended software platform
Furthermore, by adding CNC setting and G-Code programming to its Sysmac Studio platform, OMRON also provides a true Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for configuration, programming, monitoring, and 3D simulations. The platform includes function Blocks for CNC that make program structure simple, enabling synchronization between the CNC and other processes while also reducing development time.
1. Minimize machine cycle time
• A single controller executes programs for both PLC and CNC in one control period, enabling process synchronization.
• Interlock time (waiting time during communications) between the CNC and other processes can be reduced by up to 75% compared to solutions using separate controllers.
2. Simplify complex profiling
• Versatile CNC functions including 3D interpolation and position compensation enable high-precision, complex profiling.
• G-Code functionality allows CNC programs automatically generated by CAD/CAM software to be directly imported into the controller. This significantly reduces the time needed to design and program complex profiling solutions.
3. Minimize development time
• CNC setting and G-Code programming are now available in a truly Integrated Development Environment (Sysmac Studio) for configuration, programming, monitoring, and 3D simulation. This allows programs for processing machines to be developed and debugged using a single software application.
• Function Blocks for PLC functionality, motion control and NC make program structure simple and enable synchronization between CNC and other processes.
• Intuitive user interface reduces configuration time.