Ingersoll Rand has introduced new models to its revolutionary line of Next Generation R-Series compressors which incorporate the latest advancements in variable speed drive technology to increase air flow output by up to15 percent, reduce energy costs by up to 35 percent compared to a fixed speed and increase system reliability. With the launch of the RS30n and RS37n VSD models, Ingersoll Rand engineers have designed a streamlined system which maximizes the latest advancements in rotor dynamics coupled with Totally Enclosed, Fan Cooled high-performance motors.
Design and applications
The compressors are designed to withstand harsh plant conditions and can run continuously in ambient temperatures of up to 46 degrees Celsius. The starter panel meets NEMA 12/IP54 protection ratings to provide protection against circulating dust, falling dirt, and dripping or splashing liquids. In addition to matching output based on the demand, the RS30n and RS37n compressors also decrease energy use during start-up, which can draw up to 270 percent of the full load current. RS30n and RS37n limit the in-rush current during start-up, minimizing peak power charges and lowering energy usage.
The new compressor models also come equipped with updated standard features to enhance reliability and durability. The following design enhancements translate to thousands of euros in savings over the competition within the first five years of operation:
- braided PTFE hoses that increase the lifetime of the compressor and mitigate downtime;
- an integrated dryer that is ISO 1.5.1 classified, which provides higher air purity and reduces the likelihood of damage to tools powered by the compressor;
- a NEMA 12/IP54 rated enclosure and standard pre-filter allow these compressors to operate in harsh application environments;
- enhanced separators and coolers, and standard coolant that lasts twice as long as comparable models, thereby significantly reducing maintenance costs;
- 35% less energy required to operate, reducing energy costs over fixed speed.
All Next Generation R-Series air compressors are equipped with Xe-series controllers which allow easy access to, and control of, the compressed air system. The Xe70 controller has customizable units of measure and built-in sequencing for up to four compressors and communicates directly to the inverter drive.