The Traco Electronic TEL 15N and TEL 15WIN are two series of isolated 15 Watt converters which come in an ultra compact DIP-16 metal package.
The design purpose of these series was to miniaturized low power DC/DC converters to the maximum without sacrificing high efficiency. They solidify the new standard for power density with 4.51 W/cm3 and effectively double the power density compared to 15 Watt converters in DIP-24 packages.
The TEL 15N and TEL 15WIN offer wide 2:1 or 4:1 input voltage ranges respectively and feature a high efficiency of up to 88% which enables an operation temperature of up to +55°C at full load and up to 85°C with 50% load.
For extended temperature requirements, a version with a fully integrated heatsink casing is available allowing the converter to operate up to +70°C without derating.
The converters also have an internal input filter to comply with conducted emission standard EN 55032 class A.
Overall they feature an economical solution for space critical and cost sensitive applications in instrumentation, IT and industrial electronics.
- Ultra compact 15 Watt converter in DIP-16 metal casing
- Highest power density of 4.51 W/cm3
- Available in standard or heatsink package
- 6-side shielded metal case with insulated baseplate
- Wide 2:1 and 4:1 input voltage ranges
- High efficiency (up to 87%) for low thermal loss
- Operating temperature range -40°C to +88°C
- Built-In EN 55032 class A filter (conducted)
- Protection against short circuit
- 3-year product warrant